Saturday, January 21, 2012

a long, long hiatus

hola everyone!

after way too long I am returning to the blog world to talk about my life with books. This time, though, will be different.

two years ago I put everything I owned in storage, including 2000-some-odd books, and you know what I realized? That, much as I love to have them around me, I really don't need to have wall-to-wall books to be happy. Do I really need to have a three bedroom apartment just to have a room for books? With the ubiquity of Google, do I need all those reference books? Not to mention how much I spent per month!

I decided to make a change. First, I am downsizing and will only keep those books with sentimental value or that I will read again.

second, I have been on a voyage of discovery of . . . the library (please don't ask about overdue fines and why I can't seem to get books back on time.) I've read somewhere around 480 books since July 2010 and there are 523 books on my To Read list. There is so much I want to talk about!

so, I invite you to join me here to talk about books, books, books. Send me your recommendations and comment on mine. It's going to be fun!

No comments: